So you and your partner have been together for a while. You’ve talked about getting married, and you’re both on the same page about wanting a simple, intimate ceremony. The time has come to start looking at rings, and you’re feeling overwhelmed. There are so many options! How do you even begin to narrow it down? Here are some tips to help you find the wedding ring type that fits your style:
Decide what kind of metal you want
The first thing you need to decide is what kind of metal you want your ring to be made of. The most popular options are gold, platinum, and silver. But there are also more unique metals like tungsten and titanium. Each metal has its own pros and cons, so it’s important to do your research before making a decision.
- Gold: Gold is a classic choice for wedding rings. It’s soft, malleable, and looks great with all skin tones. The downside is that it’s a bit pricey and can scratch easily.
- Platinum: Platinum is a white metal that’s very strong and durable. It’s also hypoallergenic, so it’s a good choice for people with sensitive skin. The only downside is that it’s one of the more expensive metals.
- Silver: Silver is a popular choice for wedding rings because it’s very affordable. It’s also very easy to care for – all you need is a little polish to keep it looking shiny and new. The downside is that silver can tarnish over time if it’s not properly cared for.
- Tungsten: Tungsten is a strong, durable metal that’s becoming increasingly popular for wedding rings. It’s very scratch-resistant and is available in a variety of colors. The downside is that it’s a bit on the expensive side.
- Titanium: Titanium is a lightweight metal that’s known for being strong and durable. It’s also hypoallergenic and non-conductive, making it a good choice for people with sensitive skin or who work in medical fields. The only downside is that titanium can be difficult to resize if you need to have your ring resized in the future.
Decide on a diamond or not
The next thing you need to decide is whether you want your wedding ring to have a diamond or not. Diamonds are the most popular choice, but they’re also the most expensive. If you’re on a budget, you may want to consider a ring without a diamond. There are plenty of beautiful options out there that don’t break the bank.
Choose a style
Now that you’ve decided on a metal and whether or not you want a diamond, it’s time to start thinking about style. Do you want a simple band? Or something more ornate? Do you want your ring to match your engagement ring?
There are endless possibilities when it comes to wedding ring styles. It’s all up to you and what you think will look best on your finger.
Get fitted for your ring
Once you’ve decided on a style, it’s time to get fitted for your ring. This is an important step because you want to make sure your ring fits comfortably on your finger. It should be snug but not too tight.
Pick a finish
The last thing you need to do is choose a finish for your ring. The most popular choices are polished and brushed. Polished rings have a shiny finish, while brushed rings have a more matte look.
Now that you know the basics of how to pick out a wedding ring, it’s time to start shopping! There are so many beautiful options out there, so take your time and find the perfect one for you and your partner. Congratulations and happy shopping!