Rowdy patient           

Police responded at 8:34 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 1, to a hospital in the 700 block of Minor Avenue for an assault of a nurse by a patient.

Hospital staff said the suspect was already being restrained by security because he’d attempted to assault another patient when the nurse was attempting to change him into a hospital gown. They had to release one of his arms, so she could get his jacket off, and the suspect grabbed the nurse’s neck and squeezed. Security intervened and put the suspect in restraints.

The victim had scratches on her neck and said her throat was sore. Witnesses reported the suspect also had the victim’s hair in his other hand while strangling her. The suspect had already been sedated when officers arrived.

Surprise attack           

Police responded at 11:06 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 3, to an assault at a hospital in the 700 block of Minor Avenue. They found the suspect walking down the street wearing a hospital gown and carrying a cane and backpack.

The victims said they were leaving the hospital when the suspect approached and offered to pay them $20 for a ride. The primary victim told the suspect if he had $20, he could afford a taxi. As the victims were crossing the street to their car, the suspect reached into his backpack and pulled out a six-inch silicone dildo that he threw across the street at the victims. The dildo hit one victim on the left shoulder, bounced off and hit the other victim in the leg. Both victims complained of pain, but refused medical aid.

The suspect was arrested and found to have three warrants. While being processed at King County Jail, a bag of methamphetamine was found in his backpack. 

Backfired stabbing           

Police responded at 11:41 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 1, to a 911 call reporting a stabbing in the 800 block of East Pine Street.

Police found the stabbing victim, who was later identified as the suspect, bleeding from his abdomen. He was inebriated and unable to provide a good description of the suspect, but he said his Uber driver stabbed him. He opened the Uber app on his phone and police saw the license plate of the last car he’d called, at 11:30 p.m. The car was found parked on the street nearby. The supposed victim said that driver was not the one who stabbed him.

Police received a second 911 call at 11:44 p.m. from an Uber driver reporting he’d just been involved in a stabbing. This Uber driver said he’d responded to the scene to pick up a customer. The suspect approached him from across the street and was upset that he had to cross the street; he never confirmed if he was the correct passenger.

An argument ensued, and the suspect punched the driver, produced a knife, and threatened to stab him. As the suspect was approaching, the driver reached out and pushed the suspect’s hand down. The driver then jumped back into his car and drove away before calling 911.

The suspect was taken to a hospital for treatment to his self-inflicted injuries.

Taking a hit           

Police responded at 8:32 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 1, to a reported disturbance at 21st Avenue East and East Madison Street. The victim said he was hanging out with a group of friends behind a building.

A man he’d never met before was also hanging out with them. He said he wanted to smoke marijuana, but the rest of the group didn’t want to. The suspect became irate and threw a beer can at the victim, hitting him in the face. The suspect was last seen walking westbound on East Madison Street.

Package thief

The manager of an apartment building in the 1600 block of East John Street called 911 at 3:59 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 3, to report a burglary that was caught on the building’s security cameras.

The suspect was in the building for about two hours between 3:35 a.m. and 5:28 a.m. It appeared that the suspect came into the building through an open window in a vacant unit. The suspect went into the building’s mailroom several times and took packages, which he brought down to a storage room in the building’s underground garage. He opened the packages and discarded the packaging and contents he didn’t want. Security cameras later showed the suspect smoking a cigarette outside the building before walking off with a bike he took from the garage.