Title: Legal Policy Analyst
Send your reports to: Director, Meese Center
Job Description: The Legal Policy Analyst is an intermediate research and writing position. You will be involved in various Center projects, including the Election Fraud Database and the Revised Heritage Guide to the Constitution. You will develop expertise in legal research and help advance the field by developing policy recommendations, routine publication of Heritage papers and commentary as well as op-eds. The Heritage Foundation can be represented at professional conferences and other speaking events. Experience in writing and legal policy analysis, as well as scholarly writing.
What are your job responsibilities?
- Oversee priority projects including the revised Heritage Guide to the Constitution, the Election Integrity Scorecard, the Defensive Gun Use Database, and the Judicial Tracker.
- Do scholarly research, policy analysis and build a knowledge base in assigned areas.
- Offer substantive support to the public interest program, the legal conferences (such the Legal Strategy Forum), the Preserve the Constitution Series, as well as other events and meetings at the Legal Center.
- Engage in: (1) professional research, analysis, and writing Legal Memoranda, Issue Briefs, Op-Eds and blogs for Heritage and, as appropriate, other publications.
- You can represent Heritage at many functions such as professional conferences and meetings.
- Develop projects to advance the Meese Center’s objectives.
- Participate in public policy and legal community.
- Collaborate with other scholars who are working on the revision of the Heritage Guide to the Constitution.
- Supervise staff in simple legal research, checking cites, and any other tasks as directed by the Director.
- Other duties may be assigned by the director of the Meese Center.
Experience: Judicial clerkship preferred, 1 to 3 years of legal research and writing experience
Communication: Outstanding writer and effective public speaker
Technology: MS Office and Outlook
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, True North conservative principles, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Professionalism at an exceptionally high level: adaptability, maturity and integrity.
- It is essential to be organized, prioritize multiple projects, keep track of them, and stay on top of everything.
- Research, writing, publication and analysis of high-quality, top-quality, original research. The emphasis is on timeliness, insight, accuracy and promptness.
- You have high initiative and some direction. However, you are strong in your desire to accept increasing responsibility.
- Able to communicate well with others, and give direction to subordinate staff.