Compromised lockbox         

Police responded at 2:27 p.m. Wednesday, March 1, to a reported burglary at an apartment building in the 400 block of Broadway Avenue East.

The building manager said two burglars broke into the lockbox on the outside of the building that contained keys to the front door. Surveillance video confirms the two suspects entered the building and broke into the maintenance office by breaking the latch on the door. The suspects, who had a rolling suitcase with them, stole a Dell laptop, an iPad, a battery charger, two screwdrivers, a wrench and two light bulbs. The suspects also liked the building’s bike cage, however, no bikes had been reported stolen at the time of the police report.

Storage unit burglary           

A woman living in an apartment in the 200 block of 10th Avenue East called 911 at 2:28 p.m. Saturday, March 4, to report her storage unit in the building was broken into. She said she thought the burglary happened sometime in the last month, but she wasn’t sure exactly when. She said she discovered the burglary on March 2. The door to the storage unit was forced open and several items were stolen.

The storage area of the apartment building is in the open parking garage, but inside a room secured by steel doors. Police found signs of prying on the steel doors.

Frequent flyer           

Police responded at 3:06 p.m. Thursday, March 2, to a reported shoplifting at a store in the 200 block of Broadway Avenue East.

Store employees reported a suspect that has been previously trespassed from the store for shoplifting came in and stole again. Police recognized the suspect’s name and described him as a “frequent flyer” in Capitol Hill. He is known to shoplift from stores up and down Broadway while high, and he becomes violent when contacted by store employees.

Employees reported that day he was spotted in the store and an employee approached and told him he needed to leave. The suspect grabbed a few bags of Sour Patch Kids before exiting the store. The suspect set off the store’s sensor towers, indicating he had some stolen electronics in his bag or on his person. Employees noted the suspect had been in the electronics section of the store before he was confronted.

Expensive storage unit burglary           

A man living in the 100 block of 12th Avenue East called 911 at 7:40 p.m. Saturday, March 4, to report his storage unit in his apartment building had been broken into. He said the burglary occurred sometime between 6 p.m. March 2 and 6:30 p.m. March 4.

He discovered the burglary when he went to his normally well-organized storage unit and found it in disarray, with items knocked over and shuffled about. There were no signs of forced entry to the storage unit, and no damage to the door. He listed several missing items, including an Armani dress coat valued at $2,000, a pair of Sorel snow boots, a motorcycle battery and its charger. He later discovered a backpack had been stuffed with some of his belongings, including the missing battery, and left inside the unit. The suspect also left behind a pair of gray and red Fila athletic shoes. The victim was sure the shoes didn’t belong to him.

Mail theft           

The building manager of an apartment in the 700 block of Broadway Avenue East called 911 at 10:14 a.m. Friday, March 3, to report a mail theft that occurred at about 11:30 p.m. the night before. The manager was able to confirm what time the burglary occurred by reviewing the building’s security footage.

A suspect entered the building’s front door by using a key, walked straight to the mailroom and pried open the outgoing mailbox. He manipulated the lock inside the outgoing mailbox to access all of the mailboxes, and took mail from all of them. The suspect left mail on two tables in the mailroom and on the floor in a nearby hallway. The building manager determined that a key was stolen from a maintenance box next to the building’s elevator.

Painful run-in

Police responded at 1:47 a.m. Sunday, March 5, to an assault in the 1200 block of Pine Street. Arriving officers found Seattle Fire Department medics treating a victim who was in the back of an ambulance with an inch-long laceration on her forehead. She gave police the name and description of her assailant.

She said she was waiting for her friends in front of a club in the 1200 block of Pine Street when the suspect, who she knows from previous confrontations, approached her. A fight ensued and the suspect struck her in the head with an unknown object. The victim told police that witnesses told her the suspect stabbed her in the forehead with a knife. She said she never saw the weapon, adding she didn’t know the suspect would be at the club that night.

The victim also reported she’d lost her cellphone during the encounter.

The victim was taken to a nearby hospital for medical treatment.