Armed robbery           

Police responded at 9:36 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 17, to an armed robbery at a convenience store in the 200 block of Broadway Avenue East.

The cashier reported a suspect entered the store at 9:29 p.m. He approached the register and handed over a note that said, “Sorry to do this, you are being robbed.”

The suspect then told the cashier to put all the money from the register, including the coins, in a bag or he would shoot him. He also claimed to have a glock, but never showed the gun. The cashier pushed the emergency button under the register and then pulled the drawer out of the register, dumping it into the bag. The suspect left on foot, heading southbound.

Enraged shopper           

Employees at a grocery store in the 1400 block of Broadway Avenue East called 911 at 8:07 p.m. Friday, Jan. 13, to report a disturbance involving a shoplifter.

Employees reported the suspect entered the store and immediately began concealing merchandise in his jacket. An employee approached him and told him to give the items back, and then leave the store.

The suspect began yelling and pushing the employee. Employees eventually ushered the suspect out, but on the way he knocked the sliding door off of its tracks. A few minutes later the suspect came back into the store and grabbed a stack of shopping baskets. He threw the baskets at an employee.

He finally left, walking northbound on Harvard Avenue East. Nobody was injured during the incident. Officers searched the neighborhood, but were unable to locate the suspect.

Random assault           

Police responded at 12:02 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 14, to an assault near 10th Avenue East and East Pike Street.

Responding officers were flagged down by a passerby who had found the victim laying on the ground, bleeding from the head.

The victim had been left unconscious by his assailants, and was unable to tell police what had happened to him. He said he’d been attacked, but that was all he knew. He still had his phone and wallet in his pockets.

A nearby hot dog vendor said he saw two men punching and stomping the victim, but didn’t know how the assault started. He said he’d recorded some of the assault on his phone, and that the suspects eventually fled eastbound on East Pike Street and then southbound on 10th.

Officers searched the neighborhood, but were unable to locate the suspect. The victim was intoxicated and unable to cooperate with police. Responding medics from the Seattle Fire Department transported the victim to a hospital.

Turf war           

Police responded at 12:41 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 15, to the parking lot of the Shell gas station in the 1500 block of Broadway Avenue after passersby called 911 to report two men fighting at the hot dog stand.

Officers spoke with the first suspect, who said he is a rapper and he and his crew were filming a music video in the parking lot. He said he’d been given permission to film there by the gas station owner. He said the hot dog stand owner was upset they were filming there, so he charged at him with a six-inch cooking knife.

The hot dog vendor told police the suspect had parked his vehicle in a way that impeded traffic flow in the gas station. Knowing the station owner expects the hot dog stand not to interfere with station traffic, he asked the suspect to move his car. He said the suspect charged at him with his hand in his pocket, like he might have a weapon, so he armed himself with a cooking knife.

Officers spoke with the gas station clerk who said the rapper didn’t have permission to be filming in the parking lot. The rapper was told to leave.

Major road rage           

A man called 911 from the area of Minor Avenue and East Union Street at 5:08 p.m. Monday, Jan. 16, to report he’d almost been hit in the sidewalk by a motorist, who then drove up on the sidewalk in an attempt to hit him.

He said he was crossing Minor Avenue in the crosswalk when a gray BMW sped past him and almost hit him. After passing him, the driver rolled down his window and yelled some expletives.

When the victim got to the sidewalk on the other side of the street, the driver made a u-turn and drove up onto the sidewalk on the northeast corner of the intersection. The victim said he had to run behind a telephone pole to avoid being struck. The driver got out of the car and started yelling and cursing at the victim. The victim took a picture of the suspect’s license plate and told him he was going to call 911. The suspect yelled some more before getting back in his car and driving away.